Menus and Programs
Meetings are held every Tuesday beginning at 5:30 p.m. Programs start at 6:45 p.m. For more information on programs, or suggestions for future programs email Bud Hartley.
Effective January 1, 2023, dinner tickets will be sold on a first come, first served basis. Reserved tickets will no longer be available. Dinner is served from 6 to 6:30 p.m. on meeting nights. There are alternatives to the main entrée available such as a fish entrée, and usually one other entrée.
Scroll down to see all menus
Menus and Programs
Saturday, June 3, 2023: CarpFEST at Gray’s Lake – Volunteers Needed!
June 6, 2023: Fried Walleye
Ticket Sellers: Mike Delaney and Mike Sheridan
Program: Walleye Stories with Doug Pooch
Saturday, June 10, 2023: Special Person’s Day at Big Creek – Ikes Volunteers are needed from 8am to 1pm for our annual event for the developmentally disabled at Big Creek State Park with a day of fishing and a lunch served by the Des Moines Izaak Walton League. Volunteers will meet at the Handicapped/Universal Fishing Pier by the beach, between 8 and 9am. To volunteer sign-up at the clubhouse on Tuesday, or contact Brian Gehringer at 515-480-1688.
June 13, 2023: Grill Your Own Steak Night (We can grill it for you too!)
Ticket Sellers: Deb Kozel and Mark Pranger
Program: AARP Fraud Watch Network with Neil Schultz
Sunday, June 18, 2023: Des Moines Ikes Flea Market, 9a-3p with Free admission and burgers and dogs for lunch!
June 20, 2023: Spaghetti Night
Ticket Sellers: Bud Hartley and Mike O’Deay
June 27, 2023: Fried Chicken
Ticket Sellers: Doug Pooch and Curtis Cokeley
Program: Milo Locker Meats with Angie and Darrell Goering
June 26, 2023: Board Meeting at 6 p.m. All are welcome!
- July 18, 2023: Luke Hoffman, Executive Director of Iowa Rivers Revival
- August 1, 2023: Des Moines Izaak Walton League Annual Meeting
- August 8, 2023: Des Moines Izaak Walton League Annual Sweet Corn Feed!
- August 22, 2023: Ruth McCabe of Heartland Co-op on Soil Conservation
- August 29, 2023: Kimberly Grandinetti and Kate Honer of the Iowa Environmental Health Association – Their vision is to improve the quality of life for all Iowans through environmental protection and the promotion of public health.